Monday, December 31, 2007

White New Years

So some of you know I headed out to Washington State the day after Christmas to see Brett and meet is family. They live in Bellevue - right outside Seattle. (it's like Marietta to Atlanta)
It's beautiful here! Floating bridges everywhere and evergreen trees and mountains in the distance. He drug (dragged?) me around the city on Thursday - we went on top of the space needle and all around the city. We've been to several dinner parties with his old high school friends and their wives/kids and some family get-togethers. I feel like I've met the entire state! Brett came down with something a few days ago. Most likely a virus of some sort. We laid on the couch all day Saturday and most of Sunday. It was awesome. (not that he is sick, but the forcing us to relax part) Sunday(yesterday) we drove down with his parents and another couple to their cabin on the Hood Canal. I am upstairs in the living room right now looking out the huge windows at the Olympic Mountains.
They look a lot like this...


Except more snow-covered.
Beautiful place. Right on the water. And there's about 2-inches of snow on the ground.
Mom has made me swear I would never move here. I swear. But it's been a great trip and I look forward to coming back here soon.

Anyway, lots of pictures and video footage of our trip that I'm sure (?) I will consider sharing at a later date.

Love to everyone back home and Happy New Year!

6 comments:

ManUtd17 said...

I'm jealous of your view!

Jennie B said...

YOU BLOGGED! Now come home...

carolineb said...

Tomorrow will not come soon enough.

Amy said...

Beautiful picture!! We missed you on our visit. Lots.

Sharliss Jane Arnold said...

Oh my this world has some pretty places and when you are there, they are just prettier. Glad you and Brett are home safe and sound. God has so much instore for you my Katie B. I am glad I will be one of those watching as He gives you so much in these next years to come. I love you.

Bekah said...

Yay!!! You're coming here soon!!! We miss you and I can't wait for you to visit our little winter wonderland:) It snowed again today (just a few inches) but I learned that it can get too cold to snow!!! Isn't that crazy?! The weather has been hovering around the -20s all the way up to -1 and today we hit 9 (woo hoo!!!!) so I guess thats warm enough for snow:)Bring your hat and mittens! Miss you and can't wait to see you!
-Bekah