Sunday, July 29, 2007

Key Largo

...is amazing!
I landed yesterday afternoon and hit the Miami ground running trying to catch up on all the things my family has been doing for a month.
The house is awesome. Right on the water. And we have a long skinny dock out to our boat that is as useful as a car would be in Marietta. John showed me his collection of frozen sea life, including a shark (about 2 feet long) several mean looking barracudas (makes me want to sing that song) and the ever-loved "Steve" (JohnJohn likes to name things) which the boys found out is a hog fish. But still affectionately known as Steve. They've devised a (made up) point-system for every fish they catch. I think John's in the lead as of late.
Then we hopped in the boat and drove across the bay to a restaurant and watched the amazing sun set and ate delicious fresh yellowtail snapper. Seafood = yum.
It's good to be with my long-lost family again.

6 comments:

AmyFritch said...

I don't care how fun it is....come home now....I'm here!!!!!!!!

Livergood said...

Its sooooooo goooooooooooood to have you back. Oh and I started a blog?

AmyFritch said...

I'm glad your back but really, where are you? It's been over a month. You're beating my blog record. Throw me a bone.

AmyFritch said...

I'm really starting to get worried about you....

seantk said...

We want a post....we want a post......we want a post.....

AmyFritch said...

Seriously - I know you're busy and you have special interests whose name starts with Dr. Spanish and you've got things to do but it has been 2 and 1/2 months. Are you abandoning the blog world for good?